One of Apple’s AirPods’ capabilities is that it allows Siri to read aloud text messages as soon as they are received. The user may then respond to the message without having to use their hands. The functionality, however, happens to pause everything a user is doing in order to read the text message. This article explains how to disable AirPods from announcing incoming messages.
Siri can read a text message above any other app or activity on the phone thanks to “Announce Messages with Siri”. As a result, Siri will interrupt your podcast, audiobook, or music to provide notifications that may or may not be relevant at the time. Many people have wondered if they can turn it off.
How to stop AirPods from reading texts?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone to disable Siri from reading texts.
- Next, hit and choose Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be sent to a new page with the Announce Messages with Siri dialogue box.
- ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ and ‘Announce Messages from’ will appear.
- The toggle will be green if the ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ option is selected.
- To turn off the function, go to the toggle and turn off the ‘Announce texts using Siri’ option.
If you wish to activate the ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ choices, return to the previous screen and pick the same option. With several headphones, Siri may announce Messages. This function, however, is not available on all iPhone models.
Siri will not announce any incoming messages once you remove them from the Control Center. The only way to utilise Announce Messages with Siri is to follow the same procedures to re-enable it. Alternatively, you may use the Control Panel on your iPhone to temporarily disable the Announce Messages function. Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to see the control panel, then press the Announce Messages icon to turn it off. Until you switch it back on, it will remain disabled.
You may also disable it for a set period of time if you like. Hold the Announce Messages symbol in your hand until a menu opens. You may then select Mute for 1 hour or Off for the entire day. If you choose either option, the Announce Messages function will be reactivated after the time period you specify.