Steven Paul Jobs, famously known as Steve Jobs was one of the most influential artists of all times. He was an American business magnate, industrial designer, investor, and media proprietor.
Steve Jobs in his magnificent career has served as the chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), and co-founder of Apple Inc., the chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar, a member of The Walt Disney Company’s board of directors and the founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT. He is known to have pioneered the personal computer era. And with Steve Wozniak, Jobs founded Apple Inc. in 1976.
Quick facts about Steve Jobs?
- Name: Steven Paul Jobs
- Birth Date: February 24, 1955 (San Francisco, California, U.S.)
- Died: October 5, 2011 (at the age of 56)
- Death Place: Palo Alto, California, U.S.
- Cause of death: Neuroendocrine cancer
- Occupation: Entrepreneur, Industrial designer, Investor, Media proprietor
- Known for: Pioneering personal computer revolution with Steve Wozniak. Co-creator of the Macintosh, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and first Apple Stores.
- Net worth as of September 2011: US $7 billion
Early life of Steve Jobs
Steven Paul Jobs was born on February 24, 1955. After he left the Coast Guard, Paul Jobs married Clara Hagopian in 1946. After Clara had an ectopic pregnancy, they considered adoption in 1955. He was a graduate at American University of Beirut, Lebanon, and pursued a PhD at the University of Wisconsin.
- 1976: Steve Jobs was founded by Apple with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne.
- 1984: Apple launches the Macintosh computer, as an innovative product that started to gain popularity in the markets.
- 1985: Jobs was forced out by chief executive John Sculley and then he set up his path at computing firm NeXT.
- 1991: Apple launched the Powerbook laptop.
- 1996: Apple’s stock falls significantly. And the purchase of NeXT brings Jobs back to the company.
- 1997: Jobs takes over as Apple as the chief executive.
- 1998: this year marked the release of the iMac desktop computer, followed in 1999 by the iBook.
- 2001: Launch of the iPod digital music player
- 2003: Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
- 2007: Launch of the iPhone.
- December 2008: Jobs withdraws after he gave the keynote address at next year’s Macworld show.
Steve Jobs net worth
At the time of his death, Steve Jobs’ net worth was the US $7 billion. Steve Jobs was an American inventor and business magnate. Jobs revealed that he had a rare, much less aggressive type, known as islet cell neuroendocrine tumour, which led to his death on October 5, 2011, at the age of 56 at Palo Alto, California, U.S. His resting place is at Alta Mesa Memorial Park.