Home » News » Robert Downey Jr aka Iron Man trolled badly: Reports

Robert Downey Jr aka Iron Man trolled badly: Reports

The Hollywood actor Robert Downey Jr, who is most popular for his superhero avatar Iron Man has a huge fan base and entertained fans with his miraculous performance in the MCU’s film Avengers: Endgame. Unfortunately, he is now immensely trolled over the color, he has opted for in the satirical action comedy film Tropic Thunder.

Our Iron Man Robert Downey Jr is currently targeted by trolls on Twitter for one of his old satirical role of Kirk Lazarus in the 2008 film Tropic Thunder directed by Ben Stiller.

Tropic Thunder is all about a crew that shoots a very high budget film around the Vietnam war, but things change around as they are compelled to transform into real-life soldiers they really depicted in the movie. In action comedy film Tropic Thunder, Robert Downey Jr played the role of Kirk Lazarus, an Australian actor who is so dedicated to the role that he adjusted his pigmentation to represent a realistic depiction.

Around 12 years back, blackface was worn satirically by Robert Downey Jr in his 2008-released film, Tropic Thunder, which was hit at the box office and received huge admirations at that time. But now, in 2020, the Avengers: Endgame actor has been massively criticized by fans on social media for his ironic use of blackface.

A user wrote on Twitter that “Remember that time Robert Downey jr did full blackface, and nobody said ANYTHING,.” And another user named Z man also criticized our favorite Iron Man on Twitter and tweeted, “I can’t believe rdj played blackface. His acting as a black Male is racist, and I don’t see how you can defend him for it. We need to cancel him immediately #cancelrdj,”

https://twitter.com/LSauce11/status/1256286279857209345

Another controversial tweet trading on Twitter is given below.

https://twitter.com/VitoGesualdi/status/1255794776256835584

Yet fans of beloved Hollywood star have already come to save their favorite Iron Man and support him.

A user twitted on Robert’s defense, “Tropic Thunder is trending, so here are a couple of thoughts: -it’s still a great film -there’s still some shit that hasn’t aged well -RDJ’s blackface IS making fun of white actors playing POC -it’s not wrong to feel uncomfortable about it -Tom Cruise is the best part of the movie.”

Though Previously, the famous star Downey Jr. hit back to the trolls and said: “I [got] to hold up to nature the insane self-involved hypocrisy of artists and what they think they’re allowed to do on occasion, just my opinion.”

In addition to this, he also added that “And 90 percent of my Black friends were like, ‘Dude, that was great.’ I can’t disagree with [the other 10 percent], but I know where my heart lies…In my defense, Tropic Thunder is about how wrong [blackface] is, so I take exception,”.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top