Jerry Krause was the general manager of the bulls for 18 seasons. He was the reason behind the Chicago Bulls dynasty. Jerry Krause was born on 6 April 1939 in Chicago. He completed his graduation at Bradley University. Krause was also a baseball player in his school days. Krause started his journey as a scout with the Baltimore Bullets. And later worked with the Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ers, Los Angeles Lakers and the Bulls. In his career, Krause positioned as a scout general manager for the Chicago White Sox, Baltimore Bullets and also for the Chicago Bulls. Jerry Krause helped the Chicago Bulls to gain the victory championships six times in his period.
What is the transaction that Jerry Krause made?
- Approved John Paxson in October 1985
- Assigned Horace Grant 10th overall for the NBA Draft in 1987
- Marketed for Scottie Pippen on draft day of the 1987 NBA Draft
- Retailed Charles Oakley, the New York Knicks for Bill Cartwright
- Appointed Stacy King and B.J. Armstrong in the 1989 NBA Draft
- Appointed Toni Kukoc for NBA Draft in 1990
- Approved free vendors Bill Wennington and Steve Kerr in September 1993
- Marketed Stacy King to the Minnesota Timberwolves in February 1994 for Luc Longley
- Ratified free dealer in September 1994, Ron Harper
- Dealt Will Perdue to the San Antonio Spurs for Dennis Rodman in October 1995
- Employed Tim Floyd in January 1999 as head coach (lockout season)
- Traded Steve Kerr in January 1999 to San Antonio Spurs for Chuck Person and a 2000 first-round pick
- Traded Scottie Pippen to Houston Rockets in January 1999 for Roy Rogers and a 2000 second-round pick
- Appointed Elton Brand, Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace for NBA Draft in 1999
- Chose Eddy Curry for NBA Draft in 2001
- Bartered Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler and Brian Skinner in 2001 for the draft night to the Los Angeles Clippers
- Auctioned Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace, Ron Mercer, Brad Miller and Kevin Ollie to the Indiana Pacers for Travis Best, Norm Richardson, Jalen Rose and a 2002 second-round pick in February 2002
- Selected Jay Williams in the 2002 NBA Draft
Jerry Krause Awards
Jerry Krause won the NBA champion awards six times from 1991–1993 and 1996–1998 as a general manager. And as the NBA Executive of the Year awards two times in 1989 and 1997.