Shadow Pokemon, the Pokemon that is degraded by the team Go Rocket and they are deprived of executing immoral endeavours. Shadow Pokemon are found having a purple atmosphere around them and with completely red eyes. After thwarting a Shadow Pokemon in the fight, the players can encounter and catch them. The Shadow Pokemon gets damaged by fast and charged attacks. The Shadow Pokemon is waiting for the trainer to rescue and purify, making them stronger in the process.
How to catch a Shadow Pokemon?
The Shadow Pokemon have a Purple aura and red-eye. They are frustrated and their powers are tripled due to Candy. To help them to get out of their pain, the players have to purify them and it also benefits the Pokemon. To get a Shadow Pokemon, the players have to defeat the Team Go Rocket, they will abandon their Shadow Pokemon. Then the player can capture the Shadow Pokemon like how they capture a Raid Bosses.
How to purify a Shadow Pokemon
The player should find their chosen Shadow Pokemon. Like a Shiny Pokemon, Shadow Pokemon will contain a purple flame. Then the player will find out a new option available above Power Up and Evolve, Purify. The purification will cost an amount of Stardust and Candy, depends on the Pokemon the player choose. Select the option to purify and then confirm it. Then the player will a new purified Pokemon with the evil purple aura.
Benefits of a purified Pokemon
The purified Pokemon has many advantages than the other Pokemon. And there will be a blue star next to the purified Pokemon in the Pokemon storage. The following are the benefits of a purified Pokemon:
- The Candy cost for powering up or evolving the Pokémon will decrease by 10%.
- The Stardust cost to powering up or teaching the Pokémon a secondary move will decrease by 10%.
- The Purified Pokémon will learn Return – a 3 bar Normal-type move, which is great for Normal-type Pokémon.
- IVs will be increased by 2 in every stat – Attack, Defence, HP.
- Finally, a Purified Pokemon’s level will increase – the cap on this increase is level 25.
Latest Shadow Pokemon
A few Pokemon’s we’re introduced on 4 February 2020, that includes: