George Lucas is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, and entrepreneur. He is best known for creating Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchise. Lucasfilm, he was the chairman initially and letter it was sold to Disney. He is one of the successful filmmakers. He is known for evolving special effects. His net worth is estimated to be 560 crores USD in 2020.
Early Life of George Lucas –
Lucas was born in Modesto, California (May 14, 1944). He was the only son of his parents out of four siblings. His father had a walnut farm and sold office supplies and equipment. Lucus was not a good student. He liked car racing. He owned a souped-up, high-powered Fiat when he was in high school. He met with a serious accident shortly before graduation and was hospitalized for three months. He was almost about to die. After recovery, he decided to go to art school. After his parents did not accept the decision he went to Modesto Junior College to study social sciences.
Career Life of George Lucus –
- Lucas won a scholarship from Warner Brothers Studios in 1969. This scholarship allowed him on the set to watch the filming of Finian’s Rainbow. The film was directed by Francis Ford Coppola. They both became friends. He helped Ford in editing. He worked in Ford’s next film The Rain People.
- With American Graffiti in 1973, Lucas experienced his first real film success. The film was filmed in less than a month. In the 1970s it was the most profitable film. It was also nominated for 5 Academy Awards.
- Lucus then started working on Star Wars. He wrote the script. He planned it as three-season series. He also directed the film which released in 1977. It received positive reviews and people liked his personal vision. The film was a box office hit.
- The main works of Lucus include – Star Wars, American Graffiti, THX 1138, Indiana Jones 4, Red Tails, Indiana Jones, Willow, Howard the Duck, Labyrinth, etc.
- He received many awards The American Film Institute lifetime achievement award, National Medal of Arts by the president for his contribution to America, etc.
Personal Life of George Lucus –
Marica Griffin a film editor Lucus met while he was working. They fell in love and got married in 1969. They both adopted a child in 1981. They both got separated in 1984. He then adopted two children of his own.