The Marvel Cinematic Universe films are a series of American superhero films produced by Marvel Studios. All the films are based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The franchise includes digital series, television series, comic books, and short films. It is a shared universe in which all of the films are set. Since 2007 films are in production. 23 films have been produced under the banner of Marvel Studios and 14 more are coming up. It releases films in groups called phases.
The first film released was in the year 2008 “Iron Man”. It expanded the universe to network television with Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D on ABC in 2013 and then many more followed after that. It is the highest-grossing film franchise of all time. It is commercially successful and has generally received a positive critical response.
The audience who are new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe often gets confused in which order to watch the films. There are 23 films, which one to watch first is a big question. The best way to watch is on the basis of the order of release. To make things easy here is a guide phase-wise to watch the films.
Marvel Cinematic Universe A Guide To Watch Movies In Order –
Phase One –
- 2008 – Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk
- 2010 – Iron Man 2
- 2011 – Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger
- 2012 – Marvel’s The Avengers
Phase Two –
- 2013 – Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World
- 2014 – Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy
- 2015 – Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
Phase Three –
- 2016 – Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange
- 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok
- 2018 – Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp
- 2019 – Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far From Home
Phase Four – Upcoming
- 2021 – Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, The Eternals, Untitled third Spider-Man movie
- 2022 – Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness