Taboo is the most popular BBC television drama series. Scott Free London and Hardy Son & Baker produced the series. The season one was released in the year 2017. In the United Kingdom, it was released on BBC and United States on FX. Season 1 was liked by the audience and the critics. Visual performance and pacing are liked by critics. After the huge success of season 1, the creators have announced that the series is coming up with two more seasons, and the audiences are eagerly waiting for the announcement of the release date of season 2.
Due to the global crisis, most of the shooting is at a halt. Most of the releases are pushed for future dates. As per sources, no official date has been announced by the creators. Even the plot and the cast of season 2 is not revealed by the creators. The only detail revealed by the creators is that season 2 will have eight episodes. The audience will have to keep holding on to their excitement until the official release date is announced.
During an interview, FX President said they would love to have more episodes of Taboo. Even the Chairman of FX has said half of the story of the season 2 has already been written.
Overview Of Taboo Season 2 –
- Creators – Steven Knight, Tom Hardy, and Chips Hardy.
- Directors – Kristoffer Nyholm and Anders Engström
- Based on – The story written by Tom and Chips.
- Storyline – The series was set in 1814. James Delaney returns to England. He in Africa for 12 years with 14 stolen diamonds. His father dies, and the war with the United States is about to end, so he returns back. The dark side of London in the 19th century is shown. The political and business corruption are also shown in season 1.
Main Cast Of Taboo –
- Kristoffer Nyholm and Anders Engström
- Leo Martin Bill
- Jessie Buckley
- Oona Castilla Chaplin
- Stephen Joseph Graham
- Jefferson Hall
- David Hayman
- Edward Hogg
- Franka Potente
- Michael Joseph Kelly
- Thomas Anthony Hollander
- Marina Hands
- Jonathan PryceT
- Jason Watkins
- Nicholas Woodeson