In Animal Crossing: New Horizons villagers are the sentient animals who live on the player’s island. They have different personalities, some are terrifying and some are cute. During the player’s island life they have an opportunity to invite new villagers. The players can become best friends with one they like and ask the one they dislike to leave.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons how to get the first three villagers –
- In previous games, villagers would simply move into the player’s town and build a house. But in New Horizons this system is changed to keep the deserted island theme of the game.
- As the players arrive on the island they are accompanied by 2 villagers. As they slowly progress in the game they can invite more villagers. Maximum 10 villagers can live on the island.
- Until Nook’s Cranny opens the players will not be able to invite the first villagers.
- The players will get three housing kits to place around the island by Tom Nook.
- Once the players decide where to place the kids the players have three pieces of interior furniture and three pieces of exterior furniture. All this will be for villagers whose house this will be.
- Once the furniture is made the villagers will settle on the island.
- The players will also have to set aside land for villagers.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons how to get land for villagers?
- Players can buy new housing plot from Tom Cook. Once the players unlock the campsite then only players can buy a plot from Tom. These plot players can set aside for future villagers who will move to the island. 10000 bells will be the cost of setting aside a plot of land.
- If the players buy housing plots in advance the player can do city planning. They can choose where to live.
As of November 2020, there are a total of 480 villagers, 35 species, and 8 personalities spanning nine games, six consoles, and mobile devices.