Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is an Indian actress and the winner of the Miss World Pagent (1994). She had established her as a successful actress and one of the popular celebrities in India. She has received numerous awards both in films and from the government of India. She is referred to as the most beautiful woman in the world. She has a net worth of around 258 crores.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Early Life –
Aishwarya is born into a traditional South Indian family. She started modeling at a young age. She is born on 1 November 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka. Her father was an Army Biologist who died in the year 2017 and mother homemaker. She has one elder brother who is an engineer in the merchant navy.
The family moved to Mumbai later on. Aishwarya studied at Arya Vidya Mandir High School and DG Ruparal College. She is also trained in classical dance and music. Zoology was her favorite subject so she was thinking about a career in medicine. She also joined Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture so that she can become an architecture but left later to pursue her modeling career.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Career Life –
Aishwarya appeared in many advertisements for many prestigious firms. The garden sari and Pepsi ad brought her into the limelight. She then stormed into the Indian film industry. Her performance in Iruvar (1997) was critically acclaimed. She also acted in the film Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya. She was adored by the audience in films like Taal (1999), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Devdas (2002), etc. Her item number in Bunty & Bubbly was a super hit. She appeared in her first Hollywood production with The Last Legion. She has done many films in 5 different languages majorly in Tamil & Hindi.
Awards Won By Aishwarya –
- Screen best female debutant award (1997)
- Screen Award for Jodi No. 1 (2002)
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress (2003)
- Screen Award for Best Actress (2003)
- IIFA Award for Best Actress (2003)
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actor – Female (2003)
- Zee Cine Award for True Indian Actress (2003)
- IIFA Global Indian Media Personality Trophy (2005)
- IIFA Award Glamorous Star of the Year (2007)
- Padma Shri (2009)
- Screen Award for Best Actress (Popular Choice) (2009)
- BIG Star Film Actor (Female) of the Decade (2010)
- Zee Cine Critics Award for Best Actor – Female (2011)
- Stardust Award for Best Actress in a Drama (2011)
- Star Guild Award for Cinematic Excellence – Female (2011)
- Stardust Award for Power-Packed Performance of the year (2015)
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Personal Life –
Aishwarya married Abhishek Bachchan and she the daughter-in-law of Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan. She has one daughter Aradhya Bachhan.